The Seven Things:
1. Musicals. I love musicals. When I was 11, I starred as Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz at a school play and since then I loved watching and doing musicals. My all time favorite of course is The Phantom of the Opera. I remember after watching (three times in the movie theater) the film version of The Phantom of the Opera, I went singing my way in class. I gave test instructions in songs. My kids went crazy...some, disturbed. I also love musical animated films. Dhjax said something about singing A Whole New World when he was young. Alladin, is one of my favorite animated musicals. And of course, who doesnt like GLEE?
Oh, I also directed a few musical productions when I was still teaching at a Chinese school.
2. Dance. I love dances/dancing/to dance. Again,it started when I was young and in school, when we were required to do the folk dances. I enjoyed it very much that I was always one of the dancers chosen to enter contests. In college, I wanted to join the dance troupe but my father strongly resented. He said he said he doesn't want me to inherit the 'dance club culture'. So I went to tell my cousin I want to form a 'Dance for Jesus' club instead.
Though I loved dancing I never tried it in club or a disco house. And I have only danced to perform...and none of those slow dances. Lately, I just go "ooh" and "aaah" over those dancers I see on tv. I will ask God for a chance to dance again :)
The other day, I saw on TV a feature on Macau, and you know what caught my eye? A theater showing "The Dancing Water"!!! I drooled o! Again, I will bend my knees for a chance to see it. May cost a fortune, but hey, my DAD is rich...so rich he owns the patent for water. Which btw, brings us to the third thing about me.
3. Water. Looking at bodies of water is therapy to me. I love the beach. Maybe it is because that i grew up living beside the seashore or maybe, the water was just really made to be therapeutic. Everyday, when I go to the center, I pass through two bridges, which means I see two 'waterforms'. It excites me all the time.
By the way, uhhmmm, I don't know how to REALLY swim.
4. Books. Books are equivalent to comfort food for me. Oh wait, maybe a little less than comfort food (I'm a cheeseburger-fries eater when I'm down). Some people shop for shoes, some for bags, I like to spend my money (which is not really a lot) on books.When I go to a bookstore and I see a book I can't buy yet, I write the title down on my planner and save up for it. I also enjoy going to second hand booktores. In fact, most of my treasured books are from there. I like the idea of reading a book that was pre-owned. Sometimes, the previous owners make markings on the pages which always arouse my interest. I have practiced highlighting the parts that 'affect' me most. I'm thinking of passing on these books to my children and grandchildren. Wouldn't it be exciting for them to find out 'why' i highlighted a certain part of the book?
Oh, I can count with my fingers the fiction/novels I've read. I don't read a lot of them but one I loved is Myne's "A Heart To Mend". I think everyone should go read her.
5. Stories. I'm a story-teller. A hard-core storyteller. In fact, if I leave everything I'm doing now, I can carve a career and a company out of being a storyteller. In fact, I've been 'offered' to do so. But, well, http://www.expandingmyterritory.blogspot.com/ explains why. Kids are mostly my favorite clients.
Give me an audience and I'd give you a show. My only capital is my voice and my limitless imagination, which are all by the way, not MINE. Seriously, this storytelling/public speaking thing is what I enjoy most. And I believe, God is paving my way to His STAGE where I get to tell people of His love.
6. Rats. I.CAN NOT. STAND. THEM. In fact, I will not even try to explain why.
Writing this post is so much harder than I thought. Whew!!
So my seventh is:
7. CNN/BBC/ AL Jazeera. No, you wouldn't hear me give loud opinions on world politics or some other issues. But I love to keep up with what's happening to the rest of the world. It is humbling to realize that my troubles are too small yet I whine like I want the world to stop turning. Really, when I watch CNN, I see that this existence is not about ME.
I wanted to write POETRY as one of the 7 things but hey, I don't want to state the obvious. Hehe!
Your rough hands
and I experienced
Who brought us here
Who called us here
Who made us stitch continents
to be here
to my toes
that walked on mountains
and lapped oceans
fought lions, bee stings
tell you today
"From this time,
I am never walking away"
Darling, this day
is never too far away
p.s. I wanted to tag 15 people but I see everyone's already doing it. :)